Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Teenager's stomach removed after drinking cocktail

Picture source: The Guardian
BBC News reports that an 18-year-old woman has lost her stomach after drinking a cocktail. The drink had liquid nitrogen.

According to Doctor John Ashton, director of public health for Cumbria, "This girl is the victim of an irresponsible alcohol industry that's now competing on gimmicks. Alcohol itself is a very dangerous thing if improperly handled and liquid nitrogen is a toxic chemical. It destroys human tissue."

Picture source: News.com
The teenager was celebrating her birthday. DailyMail Online reports some of her tweets after surgery: "Maybe stay off the liquid nitrogen' is not a f****** funny thing to say to me." "I nearly died."

Have you ever drunk something alike?

Would you try something similar after reading this?

No comments:

Our wiki

Wikispaces